Join three tech integration specialists (K-12) in a two-hour work session designed to complete a Digital Backpack, a website designed around Vermont’s Transferable Skills. Last spring at Dynamic Landscapes we shared the first draft of the Backpack with approximately 20 teachers from across the state and gained valuable insights about what might work and what could be improved. Together we explored tech tools that might be used to help learners practice skills toward each Transferable Skill. As always, we want to be sure that good pedagogy is at the heart of any use of technology, so we are back with a two hour session in which we’ll:
1. Explore the backpack, including the Skills and Rubrics
2. Examine the tools already listed
3. Consider adding new tools
4. Discuss what learning opportunities could provide evidence of success at meeting each skill.
5. Decide on a format for submitting examples of learning to the Backpack.
Discuss next steps in moving forward, management, and maintenance of the backpack.